Unless you have the materials and the skills, this is not for you. I will use this in a robot I’m working on, but Mindsensors sells pre-made versions of the same concept.
What this allows you to do is, using either a RC receiver or a NXT servo controller, make pneumatic robots!
These things are relatively easy to make. Materials:
- A drilling machine
- A drill of the same size as LEGO pins.
- A small drill for the servo screws.
- A jigsaw
- A pen
- Misc. LEGO parts.
- A small servo with horn and screws.
- Saw a rectangle big enough for the switch and the servo.
- Draw a line around the servo, and a dot through the pinholes of the switch.
- Drill out the pinholes, and make an extra hole on the servo outline.
- Open the jigsaw, and put the blade through the hole on the line.
- Close the saw and saw out the servo hole.
- Drill small holes for the servo screws.
- Attach the servo and the switch to the wood with any LEGO at hand.
- Bend a piece of iron wire around the switch and the servo horn.